In Key Stage 1 we have introduced Playground Buddies.
Playground Buddies are pupils who help the playtime staff make playtimes a happy and safe time for all children. The role of a Playground Buddy involves:
- Helping children find new friends.
- Making children feel comfortable and welcome.
- Including children who are lonely and helping them to play games.
- Giving support to children to find solutions to a problem.
- Being a friendly person that other children can go to for help if they need it.
- Looking out for unkind behaviour and alerting and adult.